Thursday, March 20, 2008

Incycle Rocks!

This post is my first time ever blogging so bear with me. What inspired me to finally write something on the Cycle U blog? InCycle inspired me.

Over the past five months I have lead Incycle workouts at both West Seattle and Magnuson Park locations. Incycle workouts were designed specifically for individuals who want to improve their fitness in only three workouts a week. It was obvious from the start that Incycle was going to make vast improvements in fitness to the participants but I still wondered was it going to be good for racing?

The old school train of thought was mileage, mileage, mileage. And now that the race season has started I was a little nervous I hadn't done any major miles. I had not done any 4 or 5 hour rides. And any hard workouts I had done had been inside on a trainer.

Any doubt I did have about my fitness was put to rest after the first few races. I felt supper fit and ready. In fact, this last weekend on Saturday I won the first real mountain bike race of the season at Capital forest. After the race I was over I was talking to my main challenger and 2nd place finisher and found out he too is a participant in Incycle on Tuesday/Thursday mornings. Then the next day at the road race, which I also felt very strong in, I found out that fellow Cycle U coach and Incycle instructor Dan Harm had won the final Mason Lake road race.

The fitness gained from a winter of Incycle was unstoppable this past weekend. It just goes to show that quality is better then quantity. And that is why I have to say Incycle Rocks!!!