Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Recent Client Results - Triathlon

I have been honored to have my first long-distance triathlon client-athletes to be two very driven & talented guys! Here are their recent results:

David Baugh out of Woodinville, WA has been training with me since January 15th, and just completed his FIRST TRIATHLON ever on June 23rd at Ironman Couer d'Alene. Despite suffering a dislocated shoulder a month prior to the race, he finished in 11:52:22! Swim conditions were so bad at CdA this year, that athletes were given the option of skipping the swim. Here are David's splits: Swim (2.4 mi) 01:10:57, bike (112 mi) 05:59:32, run (26.2 mi) 04:31:00. Way to go David!! YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!

Kurt Nelson out of Royaton, CT has been training with me since December 11th, and just completed his FIRST TRIATHLON ever on July 1 at the Patriot Half-Ironman in Freetown, MA. Kurt had a perfectly executed first triathlon, and finished in 5:40:29! Here are his splits: Swim (1.2mi) 37:34:00, T1 3:18, Bike (long at 60.5mi) 2:47:36, T2 2:10, Run (long at 13.9mi) 2:09:53. This is just one step on Kurt's journey to Iron at Ironman Florida this coming November. Congrats Kurt! You are well on your way to IRON!

Good race results are always great to see, but for me, the satisfaction of knowing I played a part in helping someone reach their goals & see their potential means a lot more. That, and the heart-felt "Thanks Coach" that I got from Kurt after some last minute advice on the eve of his big race. Almost brought tears to my eyes... guess I'm just a big softy after all.

Thanks!
Tammy Metzger, B.Sc.
Multisport Coach, Cycle University