Sunday, June 29, 2008

That was TOUGH!

As my 5 year old said after his first swim team practice, with eyes wide "That was tough!!!" I am training for my first olympic Tri this summer, and I have the same thoughts go through my head while learning to swim. I finally figured out the problem...you can't breath under water. I am fine when I start out, but after a few laps I get winded, and I am used to running or being on the bike where the only limit to oxygen is my ability to assimilate it. Here I just can't get the air in! It is a huge challenge and I really respect swimmers and long distance tri people more than ever. It is Tough!

I set out yesterday to swim 30 minutes non stop...I made it 23. Another observation in a pool on a hot day with a swim cap... it gets hot! I was really wanting to order the wetsuit and true it might have been the pool, but I am now ready to hit the lake without a wetsuit and go for 20-30 minutes and see how hot I get.

Who's with me?